Cervical spondylitis treatment:- Neck pain is also referred to as cervical pain. The neck or cervical spine is a coordinated network of nerves, bones, joints and muscles. It has the important job of providing support and mobility for the head but sometimes it can become painful.
NECK PAIN CAUSES INCLUDE:
- Worn joints- A type of arthritis that occurs when flexible tissue at the ends of bones wears down.
- Nerve compression-it is a medical condition caused by direct pressure on a nerve
- Injuries can be caused by accidents or acts of violence, and may occur at home, work, or play.
- Diseases- Certain diseases, such as rheumatoid arthritis, meningitis or cancer, can cause neck pain.
- Muscle strains-A stretching or tearing of a muscle or a tissue connecting muscle to bone.
NECK PAIN USUALLY INVOLVES ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING SYMPTOMS AND SIGNS:
- Stiff neck- Soreness and difficulty moving the neck, especially when trying to turn the head from side to side.
- Sharp pain-This pain may be localized to one spot and might feel like it is stabbing or stinging.
- General soreness-This discomfort is typically felt in a broader area or region of the neck. It is described as tender or achy, not sharp.
- Radicular pain-This pain can radiate along a nerve from the neck into the shoulder and arm. The intensity can vary and this nerve pain might feel like it is burning or searing.
- Cervical radiculopathy-Neurological deficits—such as problems with reflexes, sensation, or strength—may be experienced in the arm due to nerve root compression. Cervical radiculopathy may also be accompanied by radicular pain.
RISK FACTORS FOR NECK PAIN INCLUDE:
Injury from involvement in contact sports, motor-vehicle accidents, bull or bronco horse riding, etc. Prevention of neck pain in the context of these activities should include neck strengthening exercises and often neck bracing.
A general term for age-related wear and tear of the spinal discs.
Cervical Spondylosis is a common age related condition that affects the joints and discs in your cervical spine , which is in your neck , it’s also known as cervical include pain and stiffness in the neck.
- When symptoms do occur, they typically include pain and stiffness in the neck.
- Tingling, numbness and weakness in your arms, hands, legs or feet..
- Lack of coordination
- Difficulty walking
- Loss of bladder or bowel control.
CAUSES OF CERVICAL SPONDYLOSIS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- Dehydrated disks- Disks act like cushions between the vertebrae of your spine. By the age of 40, most people’s spinal disks begin drying out and shrinking.
- Herniated disks-Age also affects the exterior of your spinal disks. Cracks often appear, leading to bulging (herniated) disks.
- Bone spurs- Disk degeneration often results in the spine producing extra amounts of bone in a misguided effort to strengthen the spine.
- Stiff ligaments- Ligaments are cords of tissue that connect bone to bone. Spinal ligaments can stiffen with age, making your neck less flexible.
- Cervical spondylosis is very common and worsens with age. More than 85 percent of people older than age 60 are affected by cervical spondylosis.
- If your spinal cord or nerve roots become severely compressed as a result of cervical spondylosis, the damage can be permanent.
If you are suffering from neck pain and cervical spondylosis and you are searching the best neurological centre for cervical spondylitis treatment, so this is the right place.
Asian Neuro Centre is a growing medical research centre where you can get treatment of all kind of neurological disease .Feel Free to Reach Us.
Dr Navin Tiwari