The doctor will do the series on the patient to find the causes behind the dizziness. In the physical examination, the doctor will look:
- You are unable to control the movements happening in your eyes.
- The signs and symptoms of dizziness prompted by the head or eye movements occur for less than a minute.
- Involuntary movements happen from side to side of the eyes.
- Eye movements are happening with dizziness, which occurs at the time when you lie on the back. Your head is on the one side of the turn.
The doctors cannot understand the symptoms, and the patient’s health condition is Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV).
Then, they ask you to go for some additional tests.
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Electronystagmography (ENG) or videonystagmography (VNG)
Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV) Treatment Procedure. It takes only weeks or months, and Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV) will go. The doctor advises the patients to complete the treatment process correctly.
Therefore, the treatment procedures are:
- Canalith repositioning: The physical therapist/audiologist will perform simple exercises for your head movements. The purpose is to move the particles from the inner ear area of fluid-filled semicircular canals. These particles will not cause any trouble and quickly reabsorb. The doctor will guide you to perform their procedure on your own. You have to do these postures when the abnormal movements in your eyes start.
- Surgery: Some rare situations come when the Canalith repositioning does not work out on the patients. The bone plug is the part of the ear that causes dizziness. It prevents the semicircular canal from responding to the head movements or the particles. The doctor advises you to go for the canal plugging surgery, and there is a 90% success rate in the surgery. You can go for the surgery.
Asian Neuro Centre is one of the largest and most experienced practices in Indore where the best & experienced neurologist is skilled in dozens of specialties, working to ensure quality care and successful recovery.
Dr. Navin Tiwari